About Our Products
CARE, CLEANING, STORAGE
- Please retain the packaging materials shipped with your order; they can be used for storage and transport of your products.
- When storing surfaces, shapes, and windows, we recommend you keep them upright in a cool, dry place with no exposure to direct sunlight. If you are leaning boards against a wall or each other, line them with the foam packaging material.
- During use, be careful not to place anything hot on the surfaces as this could affect the finish. Do not use your photography surface as a cutting board as this will damage the look and finish. Water or liquids can be used on the surface for short periods of time, but be sure to wipe them up immediately when finished and dry thoroughly before returning to storage.
- While our surfaces, shapes and windows are sealed for stain prevention, they aren’t food safe, and food placed directly on the surface should be discarded.
- Cleaning tips: our products are all coated with a water-based matte polyurethane to help prevent stains. Most spills can be cleaned up with a damp, soft (lint-free) cloth, but tougher marks may require warm water and clear, mild dish soap. Be sure to rub softly so as to not damage or wear down the surface.
- Textured surfaces can be cleaned with a soft bristled brush or the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Use care not to scratch the surface by pressing too hard.
- Please contact us immediately if your surface arrives damaged by either emailing us with photos at Ginny@EricksonSurfaces.com or by phone (714) 790-4011.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
What started out as a limited collection of photography surfaces has evolved into an international resource for photographers and stylists looking to create a signature aesthetic.
Erickson Surfaces proudly offers an array of real wood backgrounds, props, and risers designed to help you create scroll-stopping imagery. Shop our collection of surfaces, shapes, and windows or contact us for a custom project. Need to rent products for a limited time? Keep your photographs fresh by browsing our rental inventory.
Each double-sided Erickson Surface starts with half-inch plywood. Based on the two finishes you select, our team will apply either a real wood, textured plaster, or smooth paint treatment to each side.
All of our surfaces are now 50% thinner and up to 40% lighter than previous Erickson Surfaces products. This makes moving, storing, and photographing so much easier!
Our classic collection offers 3 distinctive sizes: Small (21x34"), Medium (34x34") and Large (34x47"). However, if your project requires a custom size or finish, please complete the Custom Surface Consultation Request and we will contact you to begin the design process.
Keep in mind that our surfaces are made to order and slight variation may occur between each product and the photographs in each listing.
While our surfaces are sealed for stain prevention, they are not considered food-safe. Food placed directly on the surface should be discarded. See complete Care, Cleaning and Storage instructions above.
Available in a variety of designs and sizes, Erickson Shapes add instant dimension to your photography.
Made from MDF, these props can be created in a smooth paint or textured plaster finish. See individual listing for finish options.
Keep in mind that our shapes are made to order and slight variation may occur between each product and the photographs in each listing.
While our shapes are sealed for stain prevention, they are not considered food-safe. Food placed directly on the shapes should be discarded. See complete Care, Cleaning and Storage instructions above.
Erickson Windows create an inviting lived-in aesthetic by establishing a sense of time and place. Use them on-screen as a prop or off-screen as a light modifier to add dramatic shadows.
Made from MDF, these windows are unpainted. While our windows are sealed for stain prevention, they are not considered food-safe. Food placed directly on the windows should be discarded. See complete Care, Cleaning and Storage instructions above.